Monday 8 September 2014

chocolate and red velvet mug cakes

If you like chocolate and red velvet cake a lot, and if you are a big fan of mugs, I think this post is for you.

I been searching and experimenting with a lot of chocolate mug cake recipes, and I liked them, but they weren't my favorite, until i found this one, and I love it so much that I'm going to share it with you and I'm even going to use it as a gift for an amazing friend of mine, plus, a Red Velvet mug cake, because two it's better than one, right?


CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
Here's what you'll need for the Chocolate one:

  • 1/4 cup of flour.
  • 1/4 cup of milk.
  •  1    tbsp. of brown sugar.
  •  1    tbsp. of granulated sugar.
  •  2    tbsp. of cocoa powder.
  •  2    tbsp. of oil.
  • 1/4  tsp. of baking powder.
  •  a dash of vanilla extract.
  •  2    tbsp. of nutella (optional, but highly recommended).
  •  a pinch of salt.

                 
                                             
                 

   
                 

How to prepare it:

  1. Mix all dry ingredients.
  2. Add in the oil, mix a little bit, and then add the milk and vanilla. (I personally like stirring the milk and vanilla together before I put them in the cake mixture, it's just and idea of mine). 
  3. If you happen to have nutella, don't skip this step. Before everything is really well mix, add a tbsp. of nutella and stir until there's no lumps, don't over mix because it can be bad, I don't how but thats the way it is. 
  4. Pour it on a cool looking and microwave safe mug and, here comes the second tablespoon of nutella. Add it right in the middle of the batter and let it be, don't push it or anything.
  5. Cook in the microwave for 60-65 seconds in high, you know your oven so you know what to do.
          If you don't have nutella, this recipe is still great and amazing, the nutella adds more flavour and a lava kind of texture. 




RED VELVET MUG CAKE

Ingredients:

  •  5 tbsp. of flour.
  •  1 tbsp. of coco powder.
  •  4 tbsp. of sugar.
  •  3 tbsp. of oil.
  •  4. tbsp. of milk.
  • 1/4 tsp. of baking powder.
  •  1/2 tsp. of red food colorant. 
  •  a pinch of salt.
  •  a dash of cinnamon powder.
  •  a dash of vanilla extract.



How to prepare it:

  1. Mix dry ingredients.
  2. In another bowl, mix the milk, vanilla extract, and the red colorant. 
  3. Add the oil to the batter, then add the wet mixture and stir until perfectly, amazingly, combined. 
  4. Pour it on a mug and cook it in the microwave for 60-65 seconds in high. 



if you want to be bold, I'll show you.

I made a white chocolate buttercream for the red velvet cake, and a chocolate buttercream for the chocolate one...


I just simply melt my chocolates and wait until they got at room temperature, and then I added some tablespoons of plain buttercream, stir it, and done, my frostings were ready and tasty.


I really hope you enjoyed this week post, and I hope you also enjoy the mug cakes if you decide to make them. If you do you should send me a picture via instagram or wherever you prefer.

Thnks, goodbye, peace out, great week.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric